What Information Do We Collect?
We collect certain information you provide to us when using Timeblend, such as when you create an account and profile, send us an email or post information or other content to the website. We collect certain personal information, like your name, picture, email address and phone number, as well as certain non-identifying information, like your gender and date of birth. We will also collect the contact information of your friends, if you choose to connect your contacts and address book information with Timeblend and your login credentials to your social network accounts, such as Facebook and Twitter, if you choose to connect those accounts with your Timeblend account.
We may also automatically collect certain information through the use of "cookies”. These are small files that your browser places on your computer.
We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies to better understand how you interact with our services, to monitor aggregate usage by our users and web traffic routing on our services, and to improve our services. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. You can instruct your browser, by editing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular parts of the website.
How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
We use the information collected through Timeblend for the purposes described below:
- to provide our services or information you request, and in the future, to process and complete any transactions;
- to respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, requests, and complaints and provide customer service;
- to monitor and analyse usage and trends, and to personalise and improve Timeblend and your experiences when you use Timeblend, such as providing content or features that match your profile or interests, and to increase the functionality and user friendliness of our services;
- to send you confirmations, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, our services;
- to find and connect with your friends (when instructed by you);
What Information Do We Share With Third Parties?
We will not share the personal information we have collected from you, except as described below:
- with your friends on Timeblend according to the preferences set in your account;
- with specified social networking services, if you allow such sharing through our services;
- we may share aggregated information and non-identifiable information with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other similar purposes;
- when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
We are not responsible for the actions of third parties, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties through the Website.
Disclosure As Required By Law
Disclosure of your information in accordance with the law may occur if:
we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent:
- a serious and imminent threat to an individual’s life, health or safety; or
- a serious threat to public health or public safety; or
- we have reason to suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in, and use or disclose the Personal Information as a necessary part of the investigation of the matter or in reporting its concerns to relevant persons or authorities; or
- the use or disclosure is required or expressly authorised as a result of a conflicting legal obligation; or
- we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary for one or more of the following by or on behalf of an enforcement body:
- the prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution or punishment of criminal offences, breaches of a law imposing a penalty or sanction or breaches of a prescribed law;
- the enforcement of laws relating to the confiscation of the proceeds of crime;
- the protection of the public revenue;
- the prevention, detection, investigation or remedying of seriously improper conduct or prescribed conduct;
- the preparation for, or conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal, or implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal.
Links to Other Sites
Timeblend may contain links to other sites, and in particular the Pinboard function will enable You to link to and draw information from other sites.
What Steps Do We Take To Protect Your Information Online?
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse.
Accessing and Modifying Your Information
If you have an account, you can access and modify the personal information you provided us that is associated with your account.
You can deactivate your account by selecting the “deactivate” link. Deactivating your account lets you remove your profile without permanently deleting it. When you deactivate your account, other users will no longer see your profile or information (but your information is saved, in case you want to reactivate your account at some point in the future). If you want to delete your information and your account, please contact us with a request that we delete your account and information. We will take steps to delete your information as soon as is practicable, but some information may remain in archived/backup copies for our records and as otherwise required by law.
Our Policy Toward Children
Our service is not directed to children under 16 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If we learn that we have collected personal information of a child under 16, we will take steps to delete the information from our files as soon as possible.